Can you recognise when someone is suffering from a mental health crisis? Would you know what to do to support someone who is struggling with a mental health issue? As the name suggests, a Mental Health First Aid course aims to give you the knowledge and skills you need to assist someone who is going through a mental health crisis.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- Ways to spot the warning signs that someone is suffering from a mental health crisis
- Self-help strategies for dealing with mental health related issues
- Listening and empathy skills
- What resources are available to help people deal with mental health related issues
- How to construct a Mental Health First Aid Action Plan